Friday, October 28, 2011

The Journey to New Earth, updated again

I got a suggestion for a useful feature in this game, and while I was adding it, I decided to add some new items and encounters. Also changed some numbers to make it play better, and keep things moving. As I mentioned in a previous post, I initially made this game when very sleep deprived, and thought the result was thin, but as I keep adding to it and refining it, the game I intended to make keeps showing itself more and more.

Here's what's new:

- Added a new planet encounter, the storm in the wilderness.
- Added a new city encounter, a shady person.
- Added Mining Lasers, as well as two new secret mystery items.
- Now, in relevant encounters it shows how much stuff you have, so you can better determine a course of action.
- Now, there is a limit of 7 shrines per planet, down from 12. Also, shrines give you double their previous reward for building them.
- Added a small virtue reward for talking to people but failing to convince them of anything.
- Widened the main display, adjusted some encounter chances, and fixed a few typos.