Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Encounters for the Fantasy Adventure board game



The encounter cards for my fantasy adventure board game are done! It has taken me a while to make them for a few reasons, but on the whole the process has been gratifying and I have learned a lot. I struggled for a long time to figure out how to do the art, but in the end I decided to do it myself. That was a laborious process since I am fairly new to drawing and it took me a while to figure out the tools that worked best for me. I am proud of the results.



Another thing I realized as I was working on them is that work that you put into something limited, like a small production run that I am making, has rewards and repercussions that last much longer than the limited thing you were focusing on. For example, my drawing skills and confidence will last, as well as the images I made and all the files that are around for the next time I want to make an edition. Of course, I also saw many ways I could improve what I did, and I look forward to that too.



The small production run of this game should be finished within two weeks! I am excited to bring it to the world!