Friday, November 12, 2021

I'm Hoping for a Day... (state of mobile gaming)

I am hoping for a day when there will be no more gold, gems and also mega-gems in games. No coins, tickets and also blue super-mega tickets in the same game.

 

I am hoping for a day when there will be no more waiting 5 minutes to a day for your energy to regenerate so you can play the game again.


I am hoping for a day when there will be no 'Epic Quests' which are actually just daily chores. In fact, I am hoping for a day when there are no more chores in games! If I want to do daily chores, I can just clean my house!



I am hoping for a day when there are no daily sign-in bonuses that are hard to remember and make you feel bad when you miss them.

I am hoping for that day when you don't have to slowly unlock 1000 features of gameplay over a year.

I am hoping for a day when I am never again told I could watch a video to increase the gems I earn for winning a level.

I am hoping for a day when there are no more Limited Time Events I must act now to enter.

I am hoping for a day when there are no 3 star ratings for finishing levels!

I am hoping for a day they stop turning fun things into tedious exercises.

I am hoping for the day when they stop disguising boring dull tasks as games. 

I am hoping for a day when I don't have to create an account to play a random game I never heard of.

I am also hoping for the day when I don't have to wait while a game updates with its latest patch which is 100s of megabytes.

I am still hoping that someday, somewhere, a game will let me play it WHEN I AM NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!

I am hoping for a day I can just play the darn games! And enjoy them.