Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Incentives for Old Players

One thing I think about when developing my online games is how to keep people's interest in the site over a long period of time. One way, of course, is to offer lots of games that have lots of replay value. I think I've done that. Even still, people stop playing sometimes, and maybe there are reasons other than that they have played out all the games. I haven't even done that yet!

So I decided to put in some rewards for previously active players who haven't visited the site for over 6 months: some free credits! I thought it would be a thing I would like if I returned to an old favorite site after a while, so I added it to Arcane Journeys.

I'm sure there are other things I could add and do to bring back old players. I'll keep thinking about it. If you have any ideas, send them my way!